Tuesday, March 2, 2010

B-Rad turns 5





I am in shock. I cannot believe that I have a five year old. One minute you're carrying them around in your arms and the second you blink they've grown into a little person.
Brady has taught me a lot these last 5 years. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when we had him. Not that he has been a hard kid, because that is not the case at all. Of course we've had our ups and downs, but being a first time mom is not an easy job. I think after 5 years I'm just starting to get this whole mom thing down and I look forward to see my Brady grow.
Here are a few reasons why I love him so much.
  1. I love that he will want to say a prayer every night. Even if he falls asleep before I put him in bed he will always wake up and tell me that we forgot to pray.
  2. I love how he tells me how far he loves me. This week he loves me farther than neverland. (last week it was farther than Russia and the week before that it was Omaha)
  3. I love how he wants to learn. He is so smart it's ridiculous. All he ever wants to do is read, and he is getting so good at it.
  4. I love the funny things he says. My favorite Brady quotes are any that include why Jesus created something. For example: "Why did Jesus create skunks? Because they're not beautiful at all." or "Why did Jesus create weeds?"
  5. I love that he tries to try his best. He's struggled with that throughout his short life but he is getting a lot better with it.
  6. I love how he loves to cuddle. His love language is definitely physical touch. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you can find it here.
  7. I love how he is such a good big brother and loves Parker so much.
  8. I love how he always wants to help me. Cleaning, cooking, errands, whatever it is he's always wanting to help out.
  9. I love how sensitive he is. Especially with those around him. He's is very aware of other people's feelings.
  10. Mostly I love Brady.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADY!!!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!

    P.S. You and Robbie make GORGEOUS kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute posts!! Happy Anniversary Robbie & Annie! And happy birthday, Brady! I love that you got married and had your first baby on the same day (3 years later).

    ReplyDelete