Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paris

So I published these posts wrong and you are supposed to read the London one first. Oops. Oh well. Enjoy.

Next stop: Paris, France
Paris is the most amazing place and I want to go back now. I have never had more fun than I had there and if you ever get the chance then I definitely recommend going. I have so many pictures of our trip and this is the only way I know how to display a lot of them. I know, I'm getting sick of the whole collage thing too. Sorry. I'm still learning how to do this whole blog thing.

Posted by Picasa
Most memorable moments of Paris:
  • Getting on the wrong subway.
  • Walking for-ev-er with our luggage to our hotel.
  • deux huit quarte, (284...our room number)
  • Arc de Triomphe
  • Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time
  • Realizing the French don't eat until 10 at night.
  • Getting food at a little market and being given the evil eye because we were Americans
  • The Louvre
  • Making fun of the art at the museum
  • Never having more fun with Robbie than I did that day
  • Notre Dame
  • Homeless lady
  • Lighting a candle
  • Champs de Elysees and trying to remember how to pronounce it the entire time we were there.
  • Making out next to the Seine river
  • New Years Eve
  • Feeling the ground shake and thinking I was going to die
  • People sharing their bottles of wine with random passers by to ring in the new year.
  • Angry dad pushing people down and almost being in the middle of a fight
  • millions of people filling the entire street for miles and miles
  • Montmartre Cathedral
  • Pickpocketers
  • Cemetery....coolest place ever.
  • Moulin' Rouge
  • Thinking we had the subway system all figured out when we got on the wrong train to go to Versailles.
  • Versailles
  • Wishing I could live in Versailles
  • Pretending to be Marie Antoinette
  • Hall of Mirrors
  • bitterly cold
  • Robbie getting sick
  • crepes, (Robbie's are better) Sorry Paris.
  • "Don't get your fingers caught in the door or else you'll turn into a rabbit." (Favorite quote of the trip)
  • Getting on the plane and wanting to see my kids so bad but not ready to come home.
Hopefully we can go back again, but if not then I'm so grateful I was able to have that experience. Thank you so much Robbie for that amazing gift. Best husband ever.

1 comment:

  1. I wish, oh how I wish that I could go there! I would love to make fun of the art that the Louve! Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete